Boozy Tiramisu-Inspired Pancakes
Indulge in the irresistible flavours of Italy with our boozy tiramisu pancakes! Fluffy stacks, with mascarpone, chocolate ganache and of course coffee liqueur … what is not to love? Whether you’re treating yourself to an indulgent breakfast, enjoying a grown-up brunch, or savouring a quiet moment after the kids are in bed, these pancakes are the perfect choice. These are made using our Mild & Light Olive Oil, which has a mild flavour, perfect for baking and sweet treats! A true delight for any tiramisu lover!
- 230g Self-raising Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 100ml Strong Espresso
- 100ml Milk
- 2 tbsp Light Brown Sugar
- 3 Medium Eggs
- 250g Mascarpone
- 1 tbsp Icing Sugar
- 25ml Coffee Liqueur
- Seeds from half a Vanilla Pod or ½ tsp Vanilla Essence
Chocolate Ganache (Optional)
- 50g Dark Chocolate
- 100ml Double Cream
- Grated Dark Chocolate & Cocoa Powder
- Combine all your pancake ingredients in a large bowl, mix until smooth.
- Heat some Filippo Berio Mild and Light Olive Oil in a frying pan and ladle in the pancake mix, one at a time.
- When you see bubbles coming to the top, it’s time to flip.
- Once all of your pancakes are cooked, set them aside to cool for a little while.
- Mix your Tiramisu Cream in a dish and set it aside.
- In a saucepan, gently heat the Cream. Once it’s simmering, remove it from the heat and pour it over the pieces of Dark Chocolate.
- Layer your Pancakes with the Cream and Chocolate Ganache.
- Finish off with Cocoa Powder and Grated Dark Chocolate.