Black Olive Pate
Dating back to 15th century Italy, Bruschetta is an Italian antipasto consisting of bread rubbed with garlic, drizzled with olive oil and topped with a variety of different ingredients depending on the type of Bruschetta you are making. This recipe shows you how to make one of the most tasty: black olive pate Bruschetta!
- 200g pitted black olives
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 anchovy fillet
- 6-7 capers, drained
- 5 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- Plenty of salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Warm bruschetta to serve
- Place all the ingredients together in a food processor and mix everything together on the pulse setting until it is almost smooth. Taste and adjust the seasoning as necessary.
- Spoon into a small bowl and serve with warm bruschetta.
Cooks tipsTo make bruschetta, lay 12 thin slices of ciabatta bread in a single layer on a baking sheet. Drizzle over 6 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil and bake at 200˚C/400˚F/Gas Mark 6 for about 5 minutes, turning once until golden on both sides. Rub a halved clove of garlic all over the crisp bread and serve warm.