Biscotti della Buca
These delicious Biscotti della Buca: are a regional recipe from Filippo Berio’s hometown of Lucca, Italy!
- 50g pine nuts
- 225g plain flour
- 50g raisins
- 50g caster sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tsp Italian baking powder
- 75ml (5 tbsp) Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 75ml (5 tbsp) Vin Santo or other dessert wine
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Lightly oil a large baking sheet.
- Roughly grind the pine nuts in a food processor. Place in a large bowl with the flour, raisins, sugar and baking powder.
- Mix the Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil and wine together then pour into the dry ingredients. Mix to a firm dough.
- Divide the mixture into about 20 walnut sized balls and place on the baking tray, a little bit apart.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden. Leave to cool on the baking sheet and store in an airtight container. Serve with Vin Santo.
Cooks tipsItalian baking powder is sold in sachets and is ready flavoured with vanilla. You could use ordinary baking powder instead, but add a half teaspoon vanilla essence to the mixture as well.