Beetroot, blood orange, goats cheese and walnut salad
This recipe by Filippo Berio combines vibrant ingredients. The roasted beetroots offer earthy flavours, complemented by the tangy sweetness of blood oranges. Creamy goat's cheese adds a touch of luxury, while walnuts provide a delightful crunch. Drizzled with Filippo Berio's finest olive oil, this salad achieves a perfect balance.
Categories: Sides & Salads
- 450g baby spinach
- 1 red onion
- 200g cooked beetroot
- 80g walnuts
- 50g goats cheese, crumbled
- 40ml Filippo Berio white wine vinegar
- 60ml Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- Pinch of salt & pepper
- 2 small blood oranges
- Rinse your spinach, pat to dry then place in a large salad bowl.
- Peel the red onion, and thinly slice into strips, set aside
- halve the walnuts, set aside
- chop the beetroot into small chunks, crumble the feta and add all prepared ingredients to the salad bowl
- Peel the oranges, and cut into segments, place on top of the salad
- In a small jug, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, mustard and add a dash of salt and pepper
- Pour over the salad, and mix carefully
Cooks tipsIf making for a packed lunch, reserve the dressing and place in a separate container to take with you.