- 2 tbsp Filippo Berio Mild & Light Olive Oil
- 150g pancetta cubes
- 1 red onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 500g butternut squash and sweet potato mix, peeled & diced
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 500ml beef stock
- 3 tbsp Filippo Berio Sun Dried Tomato Pesto
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 450g sirloin steak
- 2 tbsp flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Heat 1 tbsp of Filippo Berio Mild & Light Olive Oil in a large deep sided frying pan
- Add the pancetta and cook for 2-3 minutes over a low heat, until golden
- Add the onion, garlic, butternut squash, sweet potato and thyme and cook for a further 4-5 minutes
- In a small bowl, mix together the cornflour and 2 tbsp of cold stock
- Add the Filippo Berio Sun Dried Tomato Pesto, chopped tomatoes and remaining stock to the pancetta and butternut squash mixture
- Stir in the cornflour and cook for 10 minutes over a low heat until the sauce thickens.
- Meanwhile, heat a large frying pan and rub the steaks with the remaining oil
- When the pan is hot, cook the steaks for 1 minute each side. Remove and allow resting for 2-3 minutes.
- Slice the steak into 2cm slices and add to the sauce
- Simmer for 10 minutes
- Scatter over the flat leaf parsley and serve with mashed potato or soft polenta
Cooks tipsThis recipe will work just as well with parsnips, carrots or other root vegetables.