- 200g plain flour
- 100g porridge oats
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 100g soft light brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs, beaten (or chia egg to make vegan)
- 5 tbsp Filippo Berio Mild & Light Olive Oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 medium ripe bananas (peeled weight 250g) mashed
- 200ml milk (dairy free to make vegan)
- Heat the oven to 200ºC/400ºF/Gas Mark 6.
- Line 12 holes of a muffin tin with paper cases.
- In a large bowl stir the flour, oats, baking powder, sugar and cinnamon together.
- Beat the eggs with the oil, milk and vanilla extract then add to the dry ingredients with the mashed bananas, quickly mix together. Do not overmix.
- Spoon into the paper cases and bake for 15 minutes or until the muffins are risen and golden.
Add 50g finely chopped dark chocolate or chocolate chips.
Add some dried cranberries or raisins.
Try adding unsweetened muesli instead of porridge oats.