Balsamic Caramelised Onions
Caremalised onions are great with meats, burgers and sausages! Adding a splash of balsamic vinegar simply increases their flavour while still tasting great with all the classic meals you love them with!
Categories: Sides & Salads
- 3 red onions, sliced into half moons
- 1 tablespoon of Filippo Berio Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons of Filippo Berio Gran Cru Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- In a large frying pan, heat the Filippo Berio Olive Oil over a medium heat.
- Add the red onion, stir to coat in the oil and fry gently for about 15 minutes or until soft.
- Add the Filippo Berio Gran Cru balsamic vinegar and sugar and stir through.
- Cook gently for a further 15 minutes until you are left with rich, sticky onions.