Baked Chicken with Potatoes and Red Onions
A classic, hearty meal perfect for a Sunday lunch with the family!
- 6 large skinless chicken thighs, boned (approx 500g)
- 5 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 150ml dry white wine
- 450g medium sized new potatoes, scrubbed and cut into chunks
- 3 medium red onions, cut into thick wedges
- 1 large sprig rosemary
- 120ml chicken or vegetable stock
- Heat the oven to 200°C/400ºF/Gas Mark 6.
- Cut the chicken thighs into large chunks. Heat a large flameproof dish with 3 tbsp of the Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Add the chicken and cook over a medium heat for 4-5 minutes, turning until lightly browned.
- Pour in the wine, bring to the boil and allow to simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the remaining Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil, the potato chunks and onions. Stir, so all the ingredients are coated in Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil and pour over the stock.
- Chop about 1 tsp of rosemary spikes then scatter over the dish, adding a little salt and a few grinds of black pepper.
- Serve with a green vegetable such as broccoli, spinach or green beans.