Avocado Salad with Gorgonzola Dressing
A super fresh and aromatic vegetarian salad full of healthy fats to fuel your day!
Categories: Sides & Salads
- 150g sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 bulb fennel
- 8 small vine-ripened tomatoes, quartered
- Mixed salad leaves
- 2 ripe medium avocados
- Black kalamati olives
- 5 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 115g gorgonzola cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Bring a small pan of water to the boil, add the sugar snaps and boil for 1 minute only. Drain and place in cold water to cool.
- To make the dressing, trim off the rind from the gorgonzola cheese before putting into a bowl along with the Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil and red wine vinegar. Add salt and pepper to taste then mash together to break up the cheese.
- Cut the drained sugar snaps in half lengthways then put into a bowl. Trim the top from the fennel, cut into quarters, slice thinly and add to the bowl with the tomatoes and salad leaves. Toss to mix then divide between four salad bowls.
- Halve the avocados, discard the kernel from each and carefully peel away the thick skin. Cut into slices and add to the salads, scatter a few olives on top. Spoon the dressing over and serve.