Autumn Harvest Pasta
Including apple, brussels sprouts and pancetta, this Autumn Harvest Pasta is a tasty seasonal dish.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 450g brussel sprouts, trimmed and quartered
- 1 baking apple, cored and chopped
- 50g chopped pancetta
- 4 shallots, quartered
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 tsp each salt and freshly ground pepper
- Pinch hot pepper flakes
- 80ml Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 350g tagliatelle
- 50g grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 35g hazelnuts, toasted (skins removed) and chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan / 200°C conventional.
- In large bowl, combine Brussels sprouts, apple, pancetta, shallots and garlic; season with salt, pepper and hot pepper flakes. Toss with 60ml of the olive oil.
- Arrange on baking sheet; bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until Brussels sprouts are tender and lightly charred in spots.
- Meanwhile, cook tagliatelle according to package directions; drain pasta, reserving 120ml of the cooking liquid.
- Toss pasta with Brussels sprouts mixture, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, and the reserved pasta liquid, adding more pasta liquid if mixture is too dry.
- Drizzle with remaining oil and stir in toasted hazelnuts. Serve immediately.
Toasting hazelnuts/How to remove hazelnut skins
Toast hazelnuts in single layer on parchment paper–lined baking sheet in preheated 180°C conventional/ 160°C fan oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly toasted, fragrant and skins start to split. Wrap in clean tea towel; let stand for 5 minutes. Rub nuts vigorously in tea towel to remove skins.