Sides & Salads
Aubergine, Mozzarella, Tomato and Mint Salad
This is one of the 4 recipes created by Paola Maggiulli (known as The Tiny Italian), aimed to show you how to use Filippo Berio Pestos to make simple and delicious salad dressings. Simply mix the Filippo Berio Pesto of your choice with our Extra Virgin Olive Oil for a quick and easy dressing that is perfect in a whole host of recipes.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- 1 tbsp Filippo Berio Classic Pesto
- 2 Aubergines
- 250g Buffalo mozzarella
- 3 Tomatoes on the vine
- 10 Fresh mint leaves
- Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Mix the pesto and 25ml of olive oil together to make the basil pesto salad dressing. Set aside.
- Peel the aubergines with a peeler. Slice into 0.5/1cm round slices. Lay each one out and season with salt.
- Slice the tomatoes.
- Finely chop the mint.
- Tear the buffalo mozzarella into chunks.
- Pan-grill or fry the aubergine slices in olive oil on a low/medium heat until they have softened.
- Place the aubergine on kitchen towel to absorb any excess oil.
- Plate the aubergine, place the tomato slices and buffalo mozzarella on top. Drizzle the basil pesto salad dressing on top and serve with chopped fresh mint.