Asparagus and Parmesan Bruschetta
Bruschetta is Italian fast food. The base is simply griddled sourdough bread, rubbed with garlic and drizzled with Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil. This is delicious enough on its own, but can be topped with just about anything! We have four Italian favourites to share.
- 200g asparagus, woody stalks removed
- 3 tbsp Filippo Berio Classico Olive Oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 25g grated parmesan
- 150g rocket
- Boil the asparagus in salted water until just tender. Strain, drizzle with 1 tbsp Filippo Berio Classico Olive Oil and griddle on a high heat.
- Place the remaining olive oil, lemon juice, rocket, parmesan and salt in a bowl, toss together until coated.
- Pile the mix on the base and top with asparagus and black pepper. Finish with extra parmesan shavings.
Cooks tipsBefore serving Bruschetta, always finish with a good drizzle of Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil.