Breads, Pizza & Panini
Artichoke and Taleggio Tarts
Taleggio is an Italian cheese with a mild but beautifully fruity aroma. It pairs perfectly with artichokes and so works deliciously in this vegetarian tart
Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- 250g puff pastry
- 1 tbsp Filippo Berio Classico Olive Oil for frying
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 250g artichoke hearts
- 250g taleggio cheese
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil for drizzling
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Heat the Filippo Berio Classico Olive Oil in a frying pan and cook the onion and garlic over a medium heat for a few minutes until the onion has softened.
- Roughly chop the artichoke hearts and add them to the pan, cooking everything for another minute. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roll out the puff pastry to 3mm thickness and cut into 4 circles about 16cm diameter. Place the puff pastry circles on a baking sheet.
- Lightly score a line around the pastry circle about 2cm from the edge using a sharp knife. Prick the centre of each circle with a fork.
- Divide the artichoke mixture between the 4 circles and spread out evenly, taking care not to put any mixture onto the border.
- Cut the rind off the taleggio and dot it over each tart. Finish off with the cherry tomato halves, sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper and a generous drizzle of Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Bake the tarts for 15-20 minutes until the pastry is crisp and cooked through.