Breads, Pizza & Panini
Artichoke and Red Pepper Pizza
What's better than a perfectly made Italian style pizza? One that you can make yourself!
Serves: 1x30cm pizza or 2x15cm Pizza
Preparation time: 20 minutes + 60 minutes proving time
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 225g strong plain white flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp fast- action dried yeast
- 150ml warm water
- 3 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 400 g can crushed or diced tomatoes
- Pinch chilli flakes, optional
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 125g ball buffalo Mozzarella, drained well and roughly sliced
- 5 chargrilled Artichokes, halved
- ½ red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- Fresh basil leaves
- Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil , for greasing and drizzling
- To make the pizza dough, Place the flour, salt and yeast in a large mixing bowl and make a well in the centre. Using a wooden spoon, stir in the water and Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil to form a dough.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and knead for 7- 10 minutes until smooth and elastic.
- Lightly grease a bowl with some Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil , add the dough cover with cling film and leave to rise in a warm place for 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
- Meanwhile make the sauce, place the Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil and garlic in a saucepan and cook over medium heat for 1-2 minutes, or just until the garlic is soft and fragrant.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar, salt, oregano, some freshly cracked pepper and a pinch of chilli flakes. Stir to combine, bring to a simmer, then reduce the heat to low, and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 220ºC, 450ºF, gas mark 7. Place a baking sheet in the oven to preheat.
- Using your fist punch the dough to knock out the air bubbles. Knead on a lightly floured surface.
- Lightly oil a large baking sheet , place the dough in the middle of the sheet, roll out and stretch with you hands to make a rough 30 cm circle. Top with the pizza sauce, mozzarella, peppers and artichokes.
- Place the baking sheet ontop of the preheated tay and bake for 12- 15 minutes until the dough is crisp and golden. Serve immediately with some fresh basil leaves and drizzle with Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil.