Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- 2 medium leeks, trimmed
- 4 salmon fillets, skinned, about 175g each
- 6 tbsp Filippo Berio Classico Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp chopped coriander
- 1 teaspoon medium hot curry powder
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4-6 stems of vine-ripened cherry tomatoes
- Thinly slice the leeks, place in a large sieve and rinse under cold water to remove any grit. Drain well.
- Cut out 4 large squares of heavy-duty foil. Grease lightly with a little Filippo Berio Classico Olive Oil, and divide the leeks, placing in the centre of a piece of foil. Scatter half of the coriander over. Place a salmon fillet on top of each and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix together the remaining Filippo Berio Classico Olive Oil, curry powder and lemon juice and pour some over each steak, allowing it to drizzle over the fish onto the bed of leeks. Fold the foil over and seal the packages.
- Heat the oven to 200ÂºC/400ÂºF/Gas Mark 6.
- Place the parcels on a baking tray and cook for 15 minutes.
- Un-wrap one parcel and test the fish is cooked using the point of a knife. To Barbecue: Put the packages on the grilling rack of a preheated barbecue and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the cherry tomatoes into a small roasting tin, drizzle with 2 tbsps of Filippo Berio Olive Oil, season with salt and pepper and roast in the oven for 12 minutes.
- Scatter the remaining chopped coriander over the fish and serve with the tomatoes.
These can be served straight from the barbecue or do as the eastern Mediterraneans do, which is just as delicious, and let them cool in their packages before serving cold.