Almond, Orange and Polenta Biscuits
Polenta is a cornmeal based dish originating from northern Italy. It's usually used as a mashed-potato-like substitute but can also be used for the base of sweeter dishes such as these delicious Almond and orange biscuits!
- 100g ground almonds
- 100g caster sugar
- 75g plain flour
- 75g polenta
- Grated zest 2 oranges
- 100ml /7 tbsp Filippo Berio Mild & Light Olive Oil
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Fan 160°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Lightly oil two baking sheets. Place all the ingredients together in a large bowl, use an electric whisk to beat until fluffy.
- Place teaspoonfuls of the mixture onto baking sheets, leaving room for them to spread during cooking. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Cool on the baking sheet. Store in an airtight container.