Last Updated 22nd May 2018
Filippo Berio UK Limited (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“Act”) and the General Data Protection Regulation 2018, the data controller is Filippo Berio UK Limited of 66 Prescott Street, London E1 8NN.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our site. This includes information provided when
registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We
may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion advertised on our site and when
you report a problem with our site;
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- we may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- details of your visits to our site are recorded via a cookie on arrival on our website. This includes but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access.
- information on engagement with the emails you receive from us.
We may collect information about your computer, including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. Some of the cookies we use are essential for the site to operate.
We use three types of cookies
We use session cookies which are only stored temporarily during a browsing session and will be deleted from your device when the browser is closed.
These cookies are used to store information from page to page within the online boutique web shop.
We use one persistent cookie that will be saved on your computer for a fixed period. This won’t be deleted when the browser is closed.
This cookie is, rather ironically, required to remember your cookie disclaimer choice
We use Google Analytics cookies in order to evaluate your use of the website and compile reports for us on activity on the website.
You can learn about Google Analytics cookies by visiting this site:
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will take reasonable steps to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us (such as our newsletter) or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- to notify you about changes to our service.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 women aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if our parent company or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- We will only pass on the personal data collected if we have a legal or contractual obligation to do so. However, Filippo Berio may on occasion pass your Personal data to third parties exclusively to process work on its behalf. Filippo Berio requires these parties to agree to process this information based on our instructions, confidentiality agreement and requirements consistent with this Privacy Notice and GDPR.
YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
At any point whilst Filippo Berio is in possession of or processing your personal data, all data subjects have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right not to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- In the event that Filippo Berio refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why, which you have the right to legally challenge.
Filippo Berio at your request can confirm what information it holds about you and how it is processed.
You can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the organisation (Filippo Berio) that has determined how and why to process your data.
- Identity and the contact details of the Data Protection Officer for the organisation (Filippo Berio).
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (ICO).
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
To access what personal data is held Filippo Berio will need to validate your email address as proof or your identity. If you believe your email has been compromised or that you have lost your email you can contact email@example.com or phone +44 (0) 203 819 8910 or writing to us at the address detailed above.